Sunday, July 8, 2012

One Little Step


I walked to the mall yesterday. Usually, I’d take the car or ride a jeep. But since I wanted to lose weight and I wanted to save gas, I’ve decided to walk. This is a little bit scary for me since I don’t really know how long it takes to go the mall by walking. All I know is that it takes 5-10 minutes to get there by car. But then again, there’s no better time than yesterday to find out.
So, I walked to the mall and found out that it’ll only take me 30 minutes to do so. Wow! What do you know, it meets the recommended amount of walking time for those who dream of running a marathon but is currently living a sedentary lifestyle. (If you must know. That’s me. I spend most of the time sitting in front of a computer. Eating mostly fastfood and ready-made food). Hahaha…
So, what am I getting at? I’m just saying that everything I want I can work for. But, I have to start somewhere. In this case, I started by walking. And with this simple act:
1. I’ve taken the first step to a healthy lifestyle.
2. I’ve taken steps in reducing my carbon footprint.
3. I’ve given myself enough time to appreciate my surroundings.
4. I trusted myself and my surroundings.
5. I found a way to give me that much needed “me” time.
6. I’ve given myself more time to observe and be in touch with my surroundings.
7. I’ve given myself the opportunity to get to know my neighbors.
By act, it’s just one little step. But if I look at the possibilities it could bring me, it has become one giant step.
Looking forward to more walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment